Sam left today for his lovely two (and maybe two-and-a-half) week vacation to the beach. I'm bummed out of my mind. Not only is the jealousy creeping up past the ears, but I'm feeling lonely. After all, he was gone for about seven days out in the country and, even though I got to visit him out there, I still didn't get to spend a whole lotta time with him when he came back.
And now he has already left for the beach.
Le sigh, as Melody would say. Le sigh.
So, I'm trying to occupy my time but it looks like I'm not being terribly creative with it. I've been playing Sims 3 for hours on and off. I watched the movie Fantastic Mr. Fox, which was only okay.
I did get to go to Natalie's today; and Rhiannon and Rebecca came over to belly dance. That was maybe most of my creative. But once that was over, I just came home and played Sims 3 some more.
I do enjoy the game, I can just feel my brain juices seeping out of my skull as I continuously stare at the screen.
Rudyard's running around right now, but the poor guy. I have no energy to play with him right now. I feel so bad. It's times like these that I wish a new ferret would pop into existence so they could play together. Maybe I need to befriend some people who have ferrets, and then we can have play dates and tea. The requirement being, of course, that I like the people. If I don't like the people, I don't really want Rudyard to play with their ferret. Not that it is the ferret's fault that it has no manners.
That reminds me of a poor little sucker I met in the petstore yesterday at Petsmart. He was quite the nipper, and he had an enormous white blaze running down his head. I hope that whoever purchases him is a loving creature and knows how to take care of ferrets, especially deafos; but realistically it will go to some asshole kid who doesn't know shit.
I really hate that ferrets are so accessible to everyone. They are such complicated little things to care for. I mean, I'm crazy about my baby, but sometimes I wonder if I'm even good enough. I try my hardest and my damndest, but there are some things I can't do.
Like his energy level, the big example. Everyone says you should get a couple of ferrets so they have someone to play with. Rudyard's all on his lonesome, and if Sam or I can't find time to pull him out then he doesn't get any playtime.
Or, if Sam or I do pull him out but we've got work to do, then who will play with Rudyard? Bowie will, when he's in the mood. But what will happen when we don't live with Melody and her cats?
Rudyard and Douceline try to avoid each other as much as possible. Rudyard can't play with the rats. He's just gunna sit there, sighing and looking mopey as his eyes droop and lose their twinkle. And he'll look up at us, and I know he'll be saying, "I want to come out and play. Why won't you play with me?"
When he does that to me, it melts me into a little puddle.
But if I don't have the energy, I don't have the energy.
And I always remember the one time I played too hard with him and injured my wrist for a few months. Everyone thought I had broken it. It certainly hurt sometimes like it did.
Anyway, this story started off with Sam. Who is gone.
Poo.
No comments:
Post a Comment