Friday, March 18, 2011

Thursday

Thursday, we all went to the Atlanta Zoo: me and Sam and Audrey and her buddy Lizzy. The entire thing was fun, but I felt really bad for a lot of the critters there. They seemed very bored and completely unstimulated.

On our way home, we stopped at a Waffle House and had a crazy waitress. She hooped and hollared a lot and made me jump a couple of times. Then she asked me why I didn't finish my eggs, and I said cos I was full and then she asked me if I was sure that was it. Then she turned to Audrey and asked her why she didn't finish her biscuit. Sheesh!

We got home at 8pm and Sam and I were very tired. But I was supposed to meet up with Karen that evening and talk about coming up with some veil choreography. So I went and did that and got to take home some AWESOME eggplant parmesan.

When I got home and ready to relax completely, I got a distressing call from Audrey. One of her rat babies had died during the day and the other one was extremely sick. She was upset and that got me extremely upset and I just didn't know what to do or how to help.

I've been looking up information about rat sickness. The only thing I can come up with is that it was quite possibly a virus. Cleo, Audrey's rat before the babies, did not get sick from what it looks like. It must have been something that only stayed in her boys' cage.

I feel awful for her. Pet deaths are terrible, especially when they are such small babies. We are going to have to keep an eye on the rest of the litter just in case it is something else. I hope it isn't; I would feel absolutely awful if the whole litter started dropping like flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment