Thursday, January 6, 2011

Knightly

Last night, Sam and I decided to go on an adventure to the huge garbage bin on the other side of the apartment complex. It was 12:30 am. We had a big bag of garbage, filled with empty fish cans, dead cockroaches, empty boxes, and ferret poop. The contents don't actually matter.

I was being lazy last night and refused to put on proper pants. What I wore were my white pajama pants and my house shoes (for proper shoe wearing also required too much effort).

As we walk to the garbage bin, we come upon a small predicament: a very large puddle of water. We are in a narrow area with narrow walking space, so there is no real way around it. I curse at my laziness, for this is what I get.

Well Sam had not been lazy. He put on proper pants and proper shoes. He took the garbage from me, walked across the puddle. and dropped it. He then came back and offered his back for a piggy-back ride.
Hurrah! Piggy-back rides! When was the last time I got one of those?

Safely on the other side of the puddle, we jolly two skipped to the garbage bin and threw the bag in. We walked back to our apartment, meeting the same puddle on the way with the same solution, and I safely arrived home non-soaked (I did, however, tromp about in the grass and my pants got wet. But that is besides the point of this story).

Our quest was over! Safe return home! The dragon was slain!

As an afterthought, however, I still wonder why the garbage bag went first.

No comments:

Post a Comment