Saturday, June 15, 2013

Water Dogs

Eddy and I made a great discovery yesterday-- Mary Jane is not as fearful of water as we previously thought! In fact, she enjoys romping about in it.

Sure, she probably will always hate baths and runaway when it is bathtime but.... you know, whatever.  Some kids like the mud bath, some kids like the soap bath.







Riley, however, did not enjoy the little rapids of Watson Mill Bridge. It made him nervous, and he didn't like sitting in it at all.


  There was a lot of coaxing involved. There were a lot of "good boy"s, "you're okay, sweetie," and "c'mon, let's explore over here."  There were some very special moments where I had to pick him up and carry him over some parts. I'm sure we got some strange looks, which I'm totally okay with. I go out in public everyday expecting strange looks and am disappointed when they don't happen.


 
 We found a sweet spot where Eddy could sit in a fun flowy puddle of water and hold the pupperdoodles. Mary Jane had a blast getting over there.

She also seemed to like it when Eddy sprinkled water on her head. I don't know why that was so exciting for her, but she made some pretty good faces.







 And then it was Riley's turn to cross the watery area and go hang out with Eddy. He was very resistant. You can tell he's not super psyched about any of it.







I got some good shots though. They're all "family" style. Like, let's print them and put them on a mantle piece somewhere.


Eventually, when I told Riley it was okay he could come back to Mom, that was the only time he jumped into the water on his own. He fled the scene and ran back to me.


 So that was our adventurous day. On the way over, Riley felt unwell and barfed everywhere and pooped in the car. Other than that, we did okay. Oh, and he cried a lot. But that was on the way there. When we headed home, everybody fell asleep. Except for me because I was driving.





No comments:

Post a Comment