Friday, June 7, 2013

Jack the Tube of Fur

Jack got to visit the vet today to get a cell mast tumor cut off his side. It was a very minor procedure, he didn't even have to go under for it (just a little sedation), but finally FINALLY he is back and very sleepy.

He dozes off and on and I have to watch him eat to make sure he doesn't fall asleep with food in his mouth.

He's been super cute since we got back.

Anywho, the real story here is while Eddy and I were sitting in the waiting room, so was this other family. It's a mom and a little girl (the dad came in a little later, but he existed too), and their new pupper as well as a bunny in a box. The little girl told me about the bunny in the box about three or four times. She also told us that the puppy was found by one of their other dogs at home.

She asked if I had a dog and I said, "No, I have a ferret."

"A parrot?"

"No, a ferret."

"What's a ferret?"

I thought for a second on how to describe a creature that no one has ever seen before. "Well.... erm... they are kind of like cats and dogs but they don't look like cats and dogs. Instead, they are like tubes of fur with little legs and a triangle head."

She got a kick out of a triangle head. I can only imagine what a ferret looked like in her head.

No comments:

Post a Comment