We lost our beloved Mr. Bingley earlier this week, May 30th. I had to take him into the vet's office. They let me stay with him until he was gone and also helped me make imprints of his paws on some air-dry clay, like they did with Momobella.
It was really hard. I woke up that day feeling horrible and crying. I finally called the office, knowing that this was probably something I should have done a week prior. Bingley's infection was getting to the point where pus was coming out of his nose. There was nothing I could do. At least I had as many additional months with him as I did.
Mr. Bingley was a such a sweetie. He was picked out and named by Natalie, and his name and temperament is that of Mr. Bingley from Pride and Prejudice.
He was always the smallest of the group (the adorable runt trait that attracts so many of us) and the strangest buggiest eyes I have ever seen on a rat.
His strange tooth issue will always be a mystery to us. After we let him go, the vet wanted to look at his incisors and was still baffled.
Even during all of the discomfort he experienced for the past several months, he was always still very sweet with me. He enjoyed exploring when given the opportunity, but also was very content to just sit next to me for snuggles and scritches.
He was a sweetie. I will miss him dearly.

No comments:
Post a Comment