I noticed some kind of thing growing on Vincent's side. At first it started off as a scab, to which I thought I had treated. Sam made some saline solution and we cleaned it nicely. But then things started growing and it became to big... I thought it was scar tissue at first, but the build up was too big.
Turns out it was some kind of... fibrous tumor?
Last night Sam and I sat in the bathroom with Vincent. I held him and Sam tried to take the tumor out. He squeezed both sides, pushed it up. A lot of stuff came out. There was pus and blood everywhere. Vincent didn't so much as squeak. I was very impressed and very proud of him.
He gave me kisses as I held him, and I cooed in his ear. I told him he was doing such a good job; that soon it would be over and he would heal up and he wouldn't have this thing in his side. It was like he listened. And when it was over, he sat on my shoulder. Just sat and chilled.
We set up an extra cage so Vincent could heal up over night without Liam pestering him or attempting to wrestle. This morning I checked up on Vincent. Although he wasn't the happiest I've ever seen him (he has these wonderful trademark ears that droop down when he is sad, upset, or overwhelmed), he was fine. The hole in his side healed up with a scab--a bloody scab, but a scab nonetheless.
I gave him a cracker and yogurt raisins and he took them obligingly. I put him in the cage with Liam. He's moving slowly, but he's moving. He seems okay. I am so relieved.
Additionally: Vincent and Liam are cuddling heavily right now. They missed each other very much last night.
ReplyDeleteI wonder if this is the same thing that Audrey's rat has. She has this HUGE thing on her side (the rat, not Audrey !!!)
ReplyDeleteNo, its not the same. Vincent's was very small and you could just pop that nastiness right on out. I don't think you can do that with Alice.
ReplyDeleteWhen I'm a Vet Tech, I'll be able to tell FOR REALZ!
ReplyDelete