Saturday, November 24, 2012

Five Pounds

I saw my orthopedist earlier this week for a check-up on my elbow. He says that for some reason my fracture shifted, however it's still healing nicely.

I am sad to say I didn't hit my arm stretch quota for my third week. I was hoping to personally be able to bend my arm all the way out and rotate my wrist so my palms were face up.

We all heal differently. I was just hoping to heal like Wolverine.

My wrist is halfway there. Unfortunately, because of the trauma I've inflicted upon my own self, my muscles are extremely tight. It's my job to loosen them up and stretch them out. It's like when you're trying to learn how to do a split. It's hard, it can hurt, but in the end you can do a split.

Personally I can't do a split, but maybe after this I'll start trying to.

What I'm supposed to do is take a five pound weight and have it rotate my muscle for me. I've bought a heating pad to heat up my muscle and loosen it. I also took the weight in the bathtub last night where my muscles would've relaxed due to the warm water.

It's too soon to expect results, I guess, but due to my American nature I want it to happen instantaneously. I want to be fixed now!

Last Thursday I was teaching bellydance fusion at Floorspace. I was trying to warm up our bodies and got to our arms. Arms are important to warm up, and I've always been pretty proud of my arms. I was super sad that I couldn't get my left arm to do all the florets and wrist turns that I wanted it too. I hope to have that changed by next Thursday when we pick back up.

At least I can pick all my weasels up in my left arm. I walked around with all three of them hanging onto me this morning. Maybe they'll be part of my daily/constant work out. I mean, all three of them together have to be at least five pounds. Jack is 3lbs alone.

Oh!!! And that reminds me, with all the insanity happening at the beginning of this month I totally forgot that my babes had birthdays. I haven't given them a proper shout-out, so I guess I'll do that here on The Mindful Rudyard.

Rudyard, my darlingest weasel, happy birthday! You are SIX years old!
MoMoBella, you pretty peach, happy birthday! You are SIX years old too!
Jack, my little man, happy birthday! You are THREE years old!

You three give me nothing but happiness! and a lot of worry! But the worry is compensated by the amount of happiness. You may not have realized why you got those new toys and beds in your house, but it is because of your surreptitious birthdays.

Birthday Gifts Were (ferrets in these photos were not included):
An alligator bed, a pirate hat, and a lady bug toy (but not the frog or bee, unfortunately).


No comments:

Post a Comment