I spent my Labor Day hanging out with friends and seeing them before I headed out to Las Vegas (which is tomorrow-- click here for what's going on out in Las Vegas).
My morning adventure began with Eddy as we made our way to Big City Bread. I had no idea how busy it was in the mornings there.
I tried to be artsy fartsy with my camera in which I made our scone look as delicious as it truly was! Success!
While I only got to see a couple of my bellydance babes, I got a lot of love and good mojo from my other ladies (yallah yallah!)
So, while we were munching and chatting as innocently as the next group of strangers, a small group of very young girls (three of them, to be exact) gathered with chalk in their small hands.
They approached the trees in outside patio and started drawing on the trees with their chalk. This is not terribly unusual. I drew on the walls in the bathroom when I was kid, much to my parents' dismay. Simply a form of expression and, possibly, crazy awesome creativity.
But then it got weird.
Imagine this:
three small young children, hypnotically marking a tree and rhythmically moving the chalk up and down, chanting "The tree has a face. The tree has a face. The tree has a face."
They did this for God-knows how long before moving to the tree on the other side of our table (yes, we were set in between these trees). With the same hypnotic rhythm, they began chanting, "Raaaainbow. Raaaainbow. Raaaainbow."
Eddy joked later that we were initiated into a cult.
The emoticon that expressed this situation best is this one: O.o
That evening friends and I played Settlers of Catan. There was a lot of cut-throat double-crossing tomfoolery as well as an abundance of dirty jokes (that was the only resource we weren't short on).
During the game, Jack kept wanting to play with the "grown-ups" and woke up Rudyard and Momobella. Eventually I took them into the bedroom to play and sleep on their own, but not before I took an abundance of cute pictures! CUTE PICTURES!
It is rare and difficult to get a shot of these three trouble-makers.
It makes sense I can catch them in one shot while they are inside their cage. Outside of the cage, they would be as rampant as an enormous dinosaur attacking Tokyo.
Jack climbed on top of the cage during the game. He always does this; maybe he hopes that this time he'll escape.
His attempts are unbelievably adorable, as always.
Look at his cute little face. He's wondering why I'm not picking him up right now.
Additionally (and these were not taken on Labor Day Party Day), here is an update on my rat babies:
The photo is still a little on the blurry side. I'm learning still! But I thought Darcy was just too cute, i had to share.
They are bad and going through my stuff. Why do all the critters I have go through my stuff?
No comments:
Post a Comment