Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Day Off

Fantastic news, everyone! Today is one of the first days that I actually do not have work of any sort. By this I mean absolutely NO Local Jam serving and NO Public Library service. Not one or the other, nor any combination of.

This is fantastic!

I'm already quite excited about the things I'm going to do today. All of which are FOR MYSELF (a rarity, these days).

The very first thing, which I have already done, was to sleep in late.

I woke up around 10am. SCORE!

This is late because usually I wake up around 5:30 or 6am if working for the Jam OR I wake up at 7:30am for the library.

I almost did that thing where I make myself stay in bed, just for the principle of the thing. But I realized very quickly that if I get up when I feel like it, I'd be able to do all the other fun things I want to do today.

Second order of business, updating THIS bastard! I haven't touched my blog in so long, it makes me sad. And I really enjoy updating it and talking about how crazy I am. It makes me happy inside.

After this, I've got errands for the bank and house cleaning to do. I know what you're thinking. You are thinking, "Clara, errands are boring not fun. You are mixing up words again."

But let's think of it this way:
I can do my own fucking errands on my own fucking time! No rushing around, trying to squeeze in some of this crap before I go to work. MY time, MY errands.

And as for house cleaning? I have been so busy, I never have time to tidy up my house. It's a constant catastrophic clutter, and I can't take it any longer. Besides, I just bought a new dining room table (I did! For a mere $25!!) and I need to rearrange the living space in my house.

THIS IS EXCITING. I LOVE ORGANIZING.

And guess what? Guess what I get to do AFTER I organize my living space? After I have prepped my home for a new table, after I have scrubbed the damned kitchen clean, and after I have made sure that the coffee table can actually hold coffee again?

I get to work on Christina Warlick's halloween costume.

For you see, I got a dressform for my birthday. It is adjustable.

I just made myself an awesome "sci-fi" jacket, and now I get to make Christina's sexy Dorothy costume that is just her size.

I was worried at first that the dressform's interpretation of "small to medium" would not be terribly accurate, but it is in fact VERY accurate.

I measured up Christina and found out that she and the dressform were meant to be. It is destiny.

After I spent a happy amount of time working on this costume for Christina, my evening will be complete by going to bellydance practice.

I have missed bellydance practice the last two weeks in a row. It has made me very sad, but I had been so tired after my shifts at the Jam that I feel standing up and dancing up for one hour will destroy and eradicate the ability to use my legs.

If I don't dance, I realized, I get quite sad. I also miss my women-folk. It is very important for me to be with my women-folk. They are part of my family, after all.

Recently, Sulukule got some beautiful pictures taken by Aspasia Photography.

We were missing one very amazing member that day (curse you Kris for not being there!!) but the pictures were, nevertheless, phenomenal.

Mrs. Nettles, our photographer, is quite the gifted woman.

My favorite shot of us is actually one of our first pictures. We are walking down Chase Street Warehouses, just doing our thing. Natural as can be. The best pictures, I figure, are the natural ones. They are good representation of who we are as people.

And we are, quite naturally, totally badass.

Another fabulous picture of Christy and I being very natural:
We are prepping to break the door down with our swords. Our fabulous fabulous swords. Whilst in our fabulous costume. Yup. Totally badass.


No comments:

Post a Comment