Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Healthy Scar

After weeks of trying not to pick my scabs, but picking my scabs anyway, I have finally been able to pick my scab and have solid flesh beneath.


I have a healthy scar: one that is faint but memorable. If you look very closely (in person, I doubt it would convey in this image) you can see the little "x" my Darcy made with his wicked incisors.

Although our guests have left the homestead, I am still weary of my little Darcy's behavioral problem. Since the blood-drawing bite above, he has bitten me once again for smelling too much like "the enemy."

To me, this indicates that he seems to think he's in charge of me. Although I don't mind being manipulated by my cute furry friends in the least offensive respects, I will not allow anyone to think they are the alpha over me.

In this biological niche, I am alpha. I am boss. I am the caretaker and provider. Which means Darcy better watch himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment