Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ratlet Update



Here is the proud momma of one of the litters. Misty suspects that this litter is older by a day because all of these little fellas have open eyes and are bigger than the other litter. We took pictures mostly of this gal's litter since they were more active and mobile. 
  

Apparently, she is a very high-strung momma.  Misty described her as "pure evil" and "the devil," however she didn't act out when Sam and I played with her and Misty's kid swears up-and-down that she has never behaved badly with him. I bet its because this lady is out-to-get Misty. :D

But in all seriousness, yes. This rattie is pretty high-strung. I hope she chills-the-fuck-out afterwards.

I don't know what that will mean for the babes, but they are being handled and properly socialized since birth. So they will probably be okay. :)
 




Here is our other momma, who is a sweetheart and a full blue color. We didn't shoot too many pictures of her babes because I didn't want to disturb them. But here is one beautiful ratlet that has a full black coat.










It's soooooo cute! And PRECIOUS! I can't wait until they open their eyes because THEN personality happens.

Apparently one full blue lady(or guy) in the other litter is a nipper and is hyper. We also noticed she will wrestle down to the bottom pile of her kin so she can be warmest.

By the way, I'm probably going to keep calling all the ratties 'she' until their balls drop. So DEAL. I'm also uber excited.

Also, on top of all the other great things, I believe that today they are officially TWO WEEKS old, which means that they are half-way to being weened from momma WHICH MEANS that we all get rat babies in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment