Thursday, May 9, 2013

Super Trooper

It's hard to tell when your rat friend is not feeling well. Animals by nature will try not to show that they are feeling sick, but prey animals in particular are soldiers.

Bingley's had a horrific infection growing in his mouth that has just recently started to get to the point where we can't reverse it, and yet he's being such a trooper.

You can smell his infection, its so bad.
If he puts his nose up to your nose, you can smell the rot and pus. He's sneezing constantly because he's having trouble breathing sometimes.

And yet, he seems so chipper whenever I hold him. He's still curious about his surroundings. I keep wondering if I'm going to check in on him one of these days, and it'll be like Goku again. He's collapsed and barely breathing, or he's already dead and these are just the last breaths of air being released from his body.

Honestly, I keep hoping that's how it will happen. No one likes making The Decision for our critters. Deep down inside, we always want them to choose.

Either way, I will always give Mr. Bingley his lovely nosey-rubs, no matter how bad that infection gets. Super Troopers deserve all the nosey-rubs they can get.


No comments:

Post a Comment