Thursday, October 18, 2012

On the Move

It feels like I'm always moving around, but hopefully this next move will keep me still for a while. I can't afford to move constantly and I have sooooo much stuff.

AND I'm going to do what I can so I don't have to rent out a moving van. BLEGH. I have used one-to-many a Uhaul over the years and while they sure are fun to drive, their prices really hit me hard.

Even when you're doing it cheap, moving is pricey. Think of all the start-up bills you have to deal with-- power, water, and if you want internet you have to pay that one too. Pet fees are always crazy and if you move often you have to pay those often. They can almost sometimes be as much as a rent check. Yikes.

Fortunately, the place that Eddy and I are about to inhabit is pretty inexpensive and they'll allow us to pay those nasty pet fees in pieces. But because rent is half off the first month, we may actually be able to pay all of our ridiculous start-up-fee expenses without going too overboard.

On a totally different side-note, Effie's Club Follies is going to be going the midnight showings of Gonzorrific Films this Saturday at Cine.

I am super duper pumped about this, mostly because I'm involved with Effie's and they worked with Gonzorrific for a great horror flick. But also, as I've gotten to know Andrew Shearer and his work, I really like and respect what he does. Plus he's a such a super sweet nice guy, and it's awesome that he makes horror movies.


No comments:

Post a Comment