Thursday, June 21, 2012

An Update please?

I have done a terrible job at keeping my blog up-to-date, its true.
So I thought, while sipping on my morning brew and listening to my ferrets wrestle (actually, its Rudyard and Jack who are wrestling; MoMoBella is thoroughly uninterested while such silly BOYISH things), that I would toss my readers a line.

I am successfully moved into my friend's, Natalie, house. I have a lot of cleaning to do at my old apartment which will probably include a lot of throwing away of items, but that's okay. My important things have survived the move with me--my critters, my bed, my computer, and my costumes.

Oh, I'm going to interrupt my spiel by saying that Jack and MoMo are currently wrestling and Rudyard is feeling left out. When did wrestling become a two-ferret game? I've seen them all attacking the center, their heads a ball and their tails whipping out.

...yay! Jack is finally winning! Go Jack!
And now you just attacked Rud for being there.
Oh Jack, now you're going to get your ass kicked.
Silly boy.

So here's what I want to tell you RIGHT NOW that is amazing.

I currently own the game "RED DRAGON INN" plus two expansions. It is a hilarious card game. If you don't know what its about, the synopsis is that you are basically a group of adventurers who just got done adventuring and now you want to go to an inn (The Red Dragon Inn, to be specific) so you can drink and play cards. The object of the game is to either drink your mates under the table OR get them kicked out of the inn for lack of gold.

Last time I played, I just had the original game and the first expansion.

There were a total of eight people in my party and I got to play the Bard, who is a flamboyant fellow that can't hold his liquor and does poorly in a fight.

I got knocked out within a couple of rounds, not simply because of my inability to keep my alcohol content low, but because everyone ganged up on me and beat me up (its because I was able to get a lot of money during the gambling rounds. What can I say? I just charmed the coins over to me).

My group of fantastic (and cutthroat) adventurers played this game for two hours. We had a hoot. The winner was a 16 (?) yr old who's character was a Sneak Thief Halfling. He and Dimli the Dwarf were the last two standing.


Since then, Eddy (my new fantasmagoric boy, a handsome and hilarious gentleman) has purchased FOR ME the third expansion, which involves such amazing characters as a pixie with a wolf familiar, an orc paladin, a steampunk gnome who's title is the Tinkerer (which is a word I actually can't say...), and a troll alchemist. These characters come with the ability to tamper with drinks. Huzzah!

I am very very very excited about all of this and can't wait to play it.

That's my update. I hope you enjoyed it.

3 comments:

  1. PXIEWOLFPIXIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect!!! You've got dibs on Kaylin the Renegade, with her familiar Wulfric. YES!

      Delete
  2. I cannot wait to meet this Eddy of yours. or should I not say that ? it seems lately I've been putting my foot in my mouth. I'm even not sure if this is the correct say. oh well.

    ReplyDelete